- We sure were lucky with the weather tonight! It was unusually mild—the kids didn't even need jackets! The weather was so horrible on Saturday that I was imagining my poor kids trick-or-treating in freezing rain. But no, it turned out to be the warmest Halloween I can recall.
<shudder>I was reminded of a particularly traumatic childhood memory of Halloween. We had this "gypsy dress" that had multicolored scarves and sequins all over it. One Halloween I was finally big enough to wear it (I must have been about 5), and Mom said I had to wear my parka. I refused, because it covered up most of the beautiful dress. So I ended up wearing it under the dress. A snorkel jacket. Under a strapless dress.</shudder>
- We gave out M&Ms and Skittles this year. Will someone please remind me next year not to open up all the bags of candy and dump them into the big basket? I have so much left over this year that I could easily have returned one entire bag if I hadn't opened it. I do this every year, because one year we had a ton of kids and I ran out, so now I tend to overbuy.
- Don't worry, Mir, I have still never carved a pumpkin! Next year, maybe....
- One girl came dressed as an iPod.
- Andy stole all the kids' Butterfingers, and I helped myself to a selection of red licorice and Special Dark.