The latest edition of My Favorite Things:
1. John McIntyre on why his class on editing is not a gut course.
2. Also re editing: Read the last third of Anne Lamott's FB post.
3. The new CD from Avett Brothers won't be out for another week, but you can listen to the whole thing here.
4. How to say LOL in 14 different languages.
5. I loved reading this letter from Flannery O'Connor.
6. The dirty etymology of 9 everyday words.
7. I took the kids to Fenway last week for a day game. The Red Sox are no longer the recognizable crew I'm used to, but they did put on a good win for us. Plus it was Tickets for Troops Day, which always brings a tear to my eye. And there's always next year....