I don't go out to lunch all that often, but it seems as though lately I have been able to try quite a few new places. To wit:
1. I've been twice to the Farmstead Table. The first time I had the most exquisite roasted veggie soup ever, along with a fancy salad (can't remember the details, but it was yummy). The second time I had a grilled cheese sandwich, which sounds ordinary, but in fact it was local cheddar with black walnut arugula pesto on spelt bread, with hand-cut fries. So there.
2. Next week I'm going for the second time to the Walnut Grille, a new vegan/vegetarian place. The first time, my Indian-style cauliflower appetizer was out of this world, and then I had a roasted veggie quesadilla, which was huge and provided lunch at home for the next day, too.
4. Today I had lunch again in Lexington, this time at Royal India Bistro, where I went with the old standby, yummy chicken tikka masala.
5. Speaking of Indian, I've been a few times to the lunch buffet at Singh's Cafe, which is always excellent. I like a buffet for Indian because there are so many things I want to try but am wary about getting as my only dish.
6. A few weeks ago, out of nowhere on a Sunday, we took the kids into Chinatown for dim sum at China Pearl. Fun! We hardly knew what anything was that we were eating, but the surprise favorite was the deep-fried tofu. Afterward I ran into a little shop to get the girls a bubble tea. It was incredibly weird.
While I'm on the food theme, I guess I am a dinner lady, too:
7. A while back we finally tried the Waban Kitchen, which took the place of the old Kouzina. The menu is extremely limited, but what we got we liked very much. I had some kind of fish and Andy had some kind of steak, but that's all I remember. We'll definitely go back.