« Wiki Wednesday | Main | And Another Thing* »

July 11, 2007



Oh, I just love this new word. Thanks!!


Good word... do Rich Hall (Sniglets) and Tim Kazurinsky (SNL's Dr. Jack Badofsky) collect royalties for these?


And if the clothes need to be washed, it should be called "flaundry."


Okay, you're the word person here. Why is "conflated" not in the dictionary, and what the hell does it mean?

AND ANOTHER THING. :) Whence comes "vetted"? That's not in the dictionary either, but I swear to God, the political weenies down here would shrivel up and die if they couldn't say "vetted" or "the vetting process."

I demand answers.


You need a new dictionary, my dear! My first choice is Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. Do not be fooled by other "Webster's" dictionaries -- anyone can call their dictionary "Webster's"; you want the one published by Merriam-Webster. My second choice is The American Heritage Dictionary, published by Houghton Mifflin. Those words are in both:

"conflate" means to bring together, to combine, to fuse

"vet" means to subject [someone] to evaluation or appraisal; nowadays it usually means to check someone's background and credentials, as for a job or an appointment -- or a blind date!


Hi all. What's another word for Thesaurus?
I am from Panama and bad know English, tell me right I wrote the following sentence: "Well the coach or epidemic will be the other coach, with such years having a same lace."

Thank you so much for your future answers ;-). Rich.

The comments to this entry are closed.

My Photo


Search this blog!

Follow me!
Karen Potischman Wise's Facebook Profile